Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2009 21:00

HDA Bus Driver

i have a dell optiplex 755, I cant install the soundmax audio driver, its saying that the "HDA Audio Bus Driver is required"

Where can I download this?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 19th, 2009 04:00

The HDA audio bus driver could be the sound drivers and it could also be referring to the chipset drivers (on a new install the chipset drivers MUST be installed before installing the sound drivers). 

There is no SoundMax listed on the Dell downloads for the 755  HERE  there is only one audio driver listed, "Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio" and that is the one you should be using.  I just pointed you to the downloads since you filed to include your Operating System.  Select the correct operating system then download the drivers.

2 Posts

April 20th, 2009 04:00

The HDA audio bus driver could be the sound drivers and it could also be referring to the chipset drivers (on a new install the chipset drivers MUST be installed before installing the sound drivers). 

There is no SoundMax listed on the Dell downloads for the 755  HERE  there is only one audio driver listed, "Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio" and that is the one you should be using.  I just pointed you to the downloads since you filed to include your Operating System.  Select the correct operating system then download the drivers.

Thanks for the reply...  I tried installing all the audio drivers found in the downloads section but it did not work... I did a little research of my own and I found out that this is somewhat related to the Microsoft hotfix for UAA, I tried installing it, th installer said it was installed but still the audio driver is looking for it.

BTW, I have windows xp sp2

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 20th, 2009 06:00

Did you install the chipset drivers?  If not try that and then the sound drivers again.  The chipset drivers MUST be installed before installing the sound drivers on a new install.  One of the main things the chipset drivers do is define what is on or attached to the motherboard. 

The correct install sequence is (1) Install Window (2) Install chipset drivers (3) install device drivers such as sound, video, etc. 

We have found in some cases that if the install sequence was not properly done, and installing the chipset drivers and then the sound drivers does not fix the sound, a new (correct sequence) install is required.

1 Message

September 9th, 2009 13:00

Also make sure the Audio is enabled in the BIOS. You will receive the same "HDA Audio Bus Driver is required" message if the audio is not enabled.

No Events found!