Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

December 26th, 2017 09:00

How can I find out what Dell Updates have been downloaded and updated on my System please?

I have "Dell Update" activated on my Dell 3650 but I see that when I go to the Online Support and analyze my system to find the latest updates there is a list of 20 or so. I'm not sure whether they have been updated or not as it gives me the option to download and update.

I got a message to say there was an important BIOS update which I duly updated but it still remains in the list for updating. Puzzled.

Is there a method where I can see what updates have been installed please as this is a bit confusing.

"Dell Update" tells me my system is up to date but I'm wondering whether it really is.

Many thanks for any assistance. 

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

December 26th, 2017 12:00

Are you entering your Service Tag before running the automated update scans? The automated scans sometimes report that drivers which  have already been updated to the latest still need to be installed.

In other words, it's buggy, and I doubt you need all 20 drivers that it's offering because you may not have all of that hardware (eg video card).

The clearest way would be to compare the version number for each driver listed on the support page with the version number listed in Device Manager for that same driver.  Only update the ones with a higher version number (ignore the dates) on the support page.

58 Posts

December 26th, 2017 13:00

"It's buggy" Oh that's just great thanks. I was relying on Dell to keep my machine clean and running well. I did enter my service tag number too.

I'll check out the Device manager as you suggested and see if I can find out what's happening.

Thanks very much for your help.

Seasons Greetings to you.

No Events found!