Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

December 10th, 2010 18:00

How do I restore my inspiron 580 to factory setting?

I pressed F8, then selected the Repair your computer from the list. It started loading windows files .... ,then selected keyboard input method, and password. It came up a list:

1. Startup Repair  -- Automatically fix problem that are preventing Windows from start.

2. System Restore -- Restore Windows to an earlier point in time.

3. System Image Recovery -- Recover your computer using a system image you created earlier

4. Windows Memory Diagnostic

5. Command Prompt.

I tried option 2, But it couldn't find restore points, since I didn't have any.

Option 3, I didn't created system image before.

I know there is a recovery partition (which is about 10GB) on the Hard Drive. How can I use this to restore my system to factory setting?

69 Posts

December 10th, 2010 18:00

To use that recovery partition you need to boot into windows and use the Dell Datasafe program.  If this is not possible, you need to use your Dell recovery media you created with Datasafe when you purchased the system, Or use the Recover CD/DVD's that came with the system.

If you have none of these, you will need to call Dell and see if you can purchase them.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 10th, 2010 19:00

czgu

Dell's procedures restoring the PC to it's factory condition are HERE.

Bev.

152 Posts

December 10th, 2010 19:00

I don't have Dell Datasafe program installed. So I don't have Dell recovery media created before. There was no reover CD/DVD came with the system, but Dell sent me Windows 7 installation disc instead. I can re-install Win 7, but it has to be an easy way to recover the system.

1 Message

April 3rd, 2015 09:00

The REAL problem here is DELL. They change this process every time the wind changes direction, and they seem to delight in parting your computer with it's windows install and telling you you're out of warranty and to go buy a new dell. My advice: Don't Buy a new Dell.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 3rd, 2015 12:00

This thread has been locked due to it's age, if you have a similar issue, please use the 'New Post' feature at the top of this page and start a new thread.

Bev. 

No Events found!