Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

1 Rookie

• 

358 Posts

August 6th, 2012 10:00

How to COMPLETELY remove Dell Backup and Recovery Manger for corporate image?

I am trying to get rid of the annoying nag prompt when a new user signs in.  Down in the tray there is a popup that says Dell Backup and Recovery Manger and I need this to not exist on the system so we do not get hundreds of support calls on this.

I went into appwiz.cpl and removed it, but it still pops up for new users.

I went into regedit under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and removed the DBRMTray entry.  This stops it from popping up for this user, but the problem is that if a new user logs on, they get the same popup.

This is a business and we image the PC's so there's no reason to have this program installed distracting users and causing support calls.  Please help me get rid of this nagware so I can re-image and sysprep so I can start deploying more of the Optiplex 390's in our organization.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 6th, 2012 10:00

Use control panel to completely remove the dell datasafe 2.0 software.    HOWEVER I would make a backup onto a 16 gig or larger USB FLash drive so that when the hard drive dies you can recover to a working unit by booting and restoring from usb flash.

Creating a Full System Backup Using Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 - KB Article - 353563

Print
Article ID : 266301 Date Published : 2009-02-11 Journal ID : 690cd911-43dc-4598-98e5-54f2424a8a38

Creating a Full System Backup Using Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0

1      Click  then click   All Programs, click   Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 and click   Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0.

2      Click   Back up your files  then select Full System Backup.

3      To backup immediately, click 

Backup Now 

To select the location to backup to, or to schedule regular backups, click  

Edit Plan 

and continue to the next step.

4      Select the location to save your backup to.

You can save your backups to your hard drive, to a rewritable CD/DVD using a CD/DVD burner, or to an external memory device like a 16 GIG OR LARGER USB memory key or USB hard drive. If an external device you want to save to is not listed, make sure it is plugged in securely then click  

Refresh 

Once your location is selected, click 

Next  

5      To create a backup immediately, select   I will manually backup my system and click 

Next  

To set a backup to be run at a later time, or to schedule a regularly occurring backup, click   Backup my system automatically (recommended) and specify the time and date(s) to run the backup then click 

Next  

6      To change any selections, click 

Back  

If you chose to schedule a recurring backup and would like to start an initial backup now, click   Start this backup now.

Once satisfied with your selections, click

Finish  

Additional Information: Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0

Refer to the following links for additional information on Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0.

What is Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0? Article ID: 353560

Creating Your System Recovery Discs with Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Article ID: 353561

Restoring Your Dell Computer to Original Factory Installation with Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Article ID: 353562

Creating a Backup Using Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Article ID: 353563

Restoring from a Backup Using DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Article ID: 353564

Upgrading To Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Professional Article ID: 353565

Frequently Asked Questions: Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Article ID: 353566

1 Rookie

• 

358 Posts

August 6th, 2012 15:00

Thank you.

I also found it in C:\Dell.  Deleting it from there and HKLM Run and RunOnce also helps after this is done.

4.4K Posts

May 31st, 2013 11:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                

No Events found!