Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 28th, 2011 10:00

How to Connect a Laptop to the Inspiron 2320 AIO?

I connected my Laptop to my new 2320 AIO via the VGA INPUT port however it is not showing the laptop screen on the AIO monitor. It continues to show my normal desktop. It did beep but still showed my normal home screen. Is there some other setting to set up? Usually the laptop just picks up the external monitor but so far it is not working on the 2320 AIO. I saw posts in the reviews that people do it. I really just need the process of what to do on the AIO. 

Thanks

3 Posts

December 3rd, 2011 12:00

Resolution: On the right side of the Inspiron 2320 One there is a button for "Display Input Selection" (above the power button). Press & hold for a few seconds. 4 options display on the monitor: Computer (the default); Composite; VGA; and HDMI. Continue to hold the button to sequence through the selections and choose the input you want to use. This will also work to use the monitor for other devices such as game consoles.

NOTE to Mary G - in the future, please try to know what you are talking about before posting an answer. Your response above was inaccurate and not useful.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 28th, 2011 12:00

Edit--You cannot connect two computers like that. Your Dell 2320 One is deceptively called an all in one--meaning the computer is part of the monitor. That term is usually used for a printer/scanner all in one. The 2320 is a computer--not a monitor and you cannot connect your laptop to it.

3 Posts

December 2nd, 2011 10:00

Based on reviews of the 2320, you certainly can connect a laptop to it. If not, why are there VGA & HDMI INPUTS.

1 Message

February 9th, 2012 06:00

Steve,

This works great. Is there a method however to adjust the vertical/horizontal position of the image when using it as a monitor. I am using it in the full resolution and find that it about 0.5cm too far to the left, with a gap on the right hand side.

Help much appreciated.

Paul

No Events found!