Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2008 17:00

How to Upgrade Graphics Card for XPS 400 Desktop

Looking for recommendations to upgrade my graphics card on my XPS 400 desktop.  Currently have a Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS.

Like to play games like FarCry2 and FallOut 3.  What would be the best upgrade? 

Will I have to change my 375W power supply?

Thanks for Help!

4.6K Posts

December 29th, 2008 06:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

You're going to need a fairly decent upgrade for those games, which might mean your PSU will struggle?  That depends on what other hardware you have?

Unfortunately though, we can't really make specific recommendations, until we know how much you're willing to spend on a new graphics card :emotion-55:

It would also help to know where you're from... but assuming you're in the USA, Newegg are going to the best place to get one.

In the meantime... I provided links to a few graphics cards from Newegg for another forum member with PSU power concerns just yesterday.

They were mainly for various ATI HD4670's - costing just $75 - $80.  One of the cards had a HDMI port, if that would be beneficial to you?

If you can afford more than that, then consider an ATI HD4870. 

But even a standard 4870 might be pushing your PSU to it's limits though, and if you wanted/could afford anything more powerful still, you'll definitely need to splash out on a new PSU as well?

I would think an ATI HD4670 would be powerful enough to run Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 at reasonable/acceptable quality/resolutions though?

No Events found!