Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 9th, 2009 10:00

IDT high definition audio codec code 10

i have a dell xps 400 and run xp and this started a while back but i havent been able to fix it, only half of my speakers are working and i would like to get them all back up and running. i think it has to do with the idt high definition audio codec, but im not sure? it says this devise cannot start code 10? can someone help? i really have no idea where to start, let me know if you need any more info? thanks

3 Posts

May 9th, 2009 11:00

im not sure? is there a way to tell? i really appreciate this as you can tell i dont know much of what i am doing.

14.4K Posts

go HERE and enter your service tag. Chose the drives listing and then look at the options is gives download and install the one it lists

14.4K Posts

There are 3 different sound drivers listed on the drivers page do you know which sound device you have in your system?

1.3K Posts

May 9th, 2009 12:00

This is a program, that will give you a snapshot of your computers hardware and software. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

3 Posts

May 9th, 2009 12:00

when i put in my service tage it give me 2 different drivers for the audio, creative labs sounds blasster x-fi extreme music or sigmatec driver stac 92xx c-mahjot hd audio. i guess i download the soundblaster one since i know i got soundblaster? but i thought i had the extreme gamer one. not sure though?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 10th, 2009 08:00

On most Dell's with the SigmaTel integrated audio, DO NOT use the IDT HD Codec drivers or they will (in most cases) corrupt the audio system.  And, if they were installed there are, in every case we've come across so far, only two ways to get rid of the IDT drivers - that is a System Restore back to a date prior to first installing them or a complete clean reinstall. 

IDT is the new name for SigmaTel, but the Dell SigmaTel sound modules need the Dell drivers.

If a clean install was done, and the chipset drivers were skipped you cannot install the sound drivers as the sound module will not be detected.  This is a frequent omission by users when doing installs. 

No Events found!