Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 9th, 2013 12:00

Inspiron One 2320

Hello Dell forum

This all in one has been great even when most places wanted to push me away from it for games

Have had nothing but a good experience with it . WOW , Rift , Starwars old republic no problems.

OK, Issue started just the other day

Can't enter MSconfig

Use Run , Type Msconfig hit enter . Result , Msconfig can not start hit x to close

Also

Devise manager, Start device manager , Device manager can not start, Hit X to close program

even if I run the Dell pc checkup tool and in there go to device manager the tool can't even open it

Task manager running process, has at least 100 different items running, Some I do not recognize

I'm in worry that the pc may have something taking it over, It's like I can't go into any type of tools to change anything.

What started the wanting to go into setting and such.

Every time I start a game up, Example game "Rift"

When I turn pc on and fire up rift , game will load and , sign in, Then the game will minimize and can't reopen

But I hear sound and game playing, ok so I have to go ctrl alt delete task manager and end rift

This is how I seen all kinds of stuff running, So I shut rift off.

Then open it again and it runs ok, Now the game will open first try always, until i reboot, then same as above again.

Can't seem to get help people.

Anyone got an idea here, Thank you so much

Dell PC check up says pass on all items, But I can't enter any kind of tool to change anything. I am the admin

Control panel , Users,  I can't not change any account permissions as well.

I'm at a loss here other them a reload or go back or something.

July 9th, 2013 12:00

Hi Tanium,

It appears the system might be infected with viruses. I would suggest you to perform a thorough scan of computer using a good antivirus program and remove any infections. You may also run diagnostics to verify hardware functionality :

• Power on the computer
  • Press F12 button when you see Dell logo on the screen
  • Highlight the Diagnostics option and press Enter
  • Note down error messages if any and reply with the outcome

If diagnostics pass, the hardware is working fine. Due to forum guidelines I would not be able to help you in removal of virus from computer. However, you may perform Dell PC restore to take the computer back to factory settings and get rid of infections. You may refer to article Here for step by step instructions on performing PC restore.

Note : Please backup important data before performing PC restore as it leads to complete data loss.

If you do not wish to take the computer back to factory settings, you may consult a local software technician to get rid of virus infections from computer.

Hope this helps.

2 Posts

July 10th, 2013 16:00

Thank you, Went out to best buy and got software called webroot for 3 pc's in the house.

Going to run the scans and see what pops up.

Thank you very much for the reply

July 10th, 2013 18:00

Hi Tanium,

You are welcome. Keep me posted with the results.

No Events found!