Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2017 06:00

KEYBOARD NEEDS HELP

DELL,

i just received my inspiron 3650 (win10) last monday. i'm using a Dell Entry Keyboard KB216 Black (English). i got 2 problem that needs your expertise to help me out.

1. why the NUM lock key not on everytime the computer is started??

2. after pressing alt-print screen, i try to paste (ctrl v) to PAINT but nothing happens. why??

please advise.

10 Elder

• 

44.4K Posts

March 1st, 2017 10:00

Is that the keyboard that came with this PC? If not, have you tried the one that came with it to see if it has the same problems?

Reboot and IMMEDIATELY press F2 to open BIOS setup. Look for an option  for Num Lock and enable it. Don't change anything else in BIOS setup. Be sure to save the change before exiting setup.

7 Posts

March 2nd, 2017 05:00

speedstep, tried shift prt screen and ctrl v, nothing happens. pls help

7 Posts

rohe,

yes i am using the keyboard that came together with my pc. i went into bios but can't find option for numlock. how about my question 2. can't print screen and paste?

pls help.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

Try launching mspaint then minimize.  Then press and hold SHIFT then press Print Screen and CTRL V paste into paint.

What happens then?

Also make the WINDOWS D aka desktop MSPAINT the default app for jpeg and jpg and bmp etc.

10 Elder

• 

44.4K Posts

March 2nd, 2017 14:00

And you could try this registry edit to enable numlock at every reboot.

www.howtogeek.com/.../

BUT, do not attempt to edit the registry unless you know exactly what you're doing. One mistake could prevent the PC from ever booting again. You should backup (export) a copy of the registry to external media (eg USB stick) before you make any attempts to edit the registry. You edit the registry entirely at your own risk...

10 Elder

• 

44.4K Posts

March 2nd, 2017 14:00

Did you try the tips at the links Dan-H posted for using Print Screen in Win 10?

No Events found!