Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

June 20th, 2009 10:00

Multiple hard drive sleep mode via A07 BIOS?

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

In addition to the Seagate SATA system drive in my Dell 8300, I needed to add a Seagate E drive and Maxtor F drive for storing WAV files of CD track

rips and YouTube Flash video files. The system drive’s on the Intel 875 motherboard’s SATA port. The two storage drives are controlled by a Promise Technology FastTrak S150 TX2Plus RAID card-but used in the JBOD mode. In order to minimize wear, heat and fan noise, I want those two drives

(not the system drive) to be able to go into a timed-out standby mode when one or both have not been reading or writing for 20 or 30 minutes. I tried

Windows XP’s Power Options in Control Panel. However, the Power Options box shows that it only allows ALL hard drives to be put into a standby

or sleep mode. Promise Tech Support said that only the BIOS might give me the option to put just the E and F storage drives into a timed-out sleep mode.

Can anyone explain exactly how to access the Dell A07 BIOS to see if it has this feature? And if it doesn’t have it, is there any other compatible software

that can do this?. Thank you.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 20th, 2009 12:00

raffaella

To enter the Dimension 8300 System Setup [BIOS], restart the PC and when the blue DELL logo appears, press F2 immediately.

See HERE

Bev.

No Events found!