Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2014 22:00

My Dell inspiron 530s won't turn on

I hope somebody can help? I have a dell 530S that will not come on, there is an amber light that comes on in front panel (power button) and on the motherboard the fan will come on for about 10sec. I have bought a New Power supply, New Motherboard, New memory,New Processor,And switched out the hard drive but nothing. I want to get it going because I have to much invested in it. Please somebody help!!!!!!

Mike   

5 Posts

August 2nd, 2014 04:00

The light stay's on. I will try this thank you

5 Posts

Osprey4

I tried it and did not hear nothing!

Mike

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Hi ml3435,

Is that amber light solid or blinking?

This problem is not likely to involve the CPU, RAM or hard drive. However, if you remove the RAM and hard drive, then try booting the system, you should get two POST beeps indicating that there's no RAM. That would be a good sign. Try that and let me know what happens.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 2nd, 2014 05:00

Mike,

Stays on means what? Solid amber light?

5 Posts

August 2nd, 2014 05:00

Osprey4

I'm sorry, Solid amber light.

Mike

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 2nd, 2014 06:00

That motherboard is most likely bad.

5 Posts

August 2nd, 2014 12:00

Osprey

The motherboard is new and is working fine because I have another Dell 530s and it woks fine so i switched motherboards out and it works fine.

Mike

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 2nd, 2014 16:00

If you have two systems, then some trial and error should be all that's needed to isolate the defective part.

2 Posts

December 30th, 2014 11:00

Osprey I have an Inspiron 530 and  was following this thread ... but ended with no resolve. Apparently he found his problem.

But I have the same problem. Machine wont boot. I pulled the covers and removed the switch to see if that was the prob.... have power to switch at the board ( brown wire), and then i removed the switch wiring and bench tested for continuity and switch operated as it should. I have solid amber light on board. reinstalled switch, no boot no beeps. then I removed ram and HDD.... no beeps no noise, dead... still amber light on board.

This is pointing toward a bad motherboard... I think.

Are there any more field tests to confirm dead mobo. 

I really don't care if it needs a mobo .... I didn;t pay much for it, but I do like the Dell products. What I like about this 530 is the size of the box and the design ... it just looks great. It's a beautiful case. I have 3 dell machines and will see if I can find a mobo I guess.

Thank you for any advise on this.

Randy

2 Posts

December 30th, 2014 12:00

Osprey I have an Inspiron 530 and  was following this thread ... but ended with no resolve. Apparently he found his problem.

But I have the same problem. Machine wont boot. I pulled the covers and removed the switch to see if that was the prob.... have power to switch at the board ( brown wire), and then i removed the switch wiring and bench tested for continuity and switch operated as it should. I have solid amber light on board. reinstalled switch, no boot no beeps. then I removed ram and HDD.... no beeps no noise, dead... still amber light on board.

This is pointing toward a bad motherboard... I think.

Are there any more field tests to confirm dead mobo. 

I really don't care if it needs a mobo .... I didn;t pay much for it, but I do like the Dell products. What I like about this 530 is the size of the box and the design ... it just looks great. It's a beautiful case. I have 3 dell machines and will see if I can find a mobo I guess.

Thank you for any advise on this.

Randy

1 Message

February 8th, 2015 11:00

I get the two post beeps what can do to fix it

No Events found!