Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

October 17th, 2005 18:00

Need Dual monitor video card for GX280

I need a video card with dual monitor capability for an Optiplex GX280 3.5 inch wide mini tower.  Does anyone have a recommendation and/or a part number?

Thanks!!

9.3K Posts

October 18th, 2005 11:00

Any PCIe videocard that doesn't require a seperate powerlead should work fine if all you want is dual-head.

Maybe look at a GF6600 or ATI X600. These are decent performance and support dual head. Depending on the manufacturer of the specific card if may have dual DVI or DVI+VGA tho. If you need it for 2 flatpanels, dual DVI is probably what you want (check your flatpanel to see if it uses DVI or VGA (not all flatpanels have a DVI input). However if you're going to connect 2 CRTs, the DVI + VGA option will work if the card comes with the DVI-to-VGA converter plug.

6 Posts

October 19th, 2005 14:00

Apparently the Dell OptiPlex GX280 supports dual monitors even with the built-in video but it only has one VGA output.
After some research I found several references to a DVI adapter card which goes into the PCIe (Express) slot and will then support dual monitor. This is not a video card but rather connects to the video bus.
Part numbers (Europe only ?):
DVI adapter card (SMT Chassis) for Optiplex GX280 SF/SD/SMT SF/SD/SMT (490-10331)

Why can't we find any more info on this ? Is this a secret so that customers purchase additional video card using BTO options ? The card is apparently less than $30 in Europe.

Rgds,

Chris

3 Posts

November 23rd, 2005 12:00

I finally found someone at Dell who could give me the part number and cost of the DVI adapter.

They said shipping is included.

The J4571 is half-height....J4570 would be full-height.

Adapter,Graphics,Digital VideoInterface,2,LPF-BRKT         (J4571)      $13.95
No Events found!