Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

August 3rd, 2008 21:00

No Signal from new Graphics Card- Please Help!!!

I just got a new graphics card to replace my old 8600gt, and I went thru the standard protocol for installing a gpu (uninstall old drivers, remove card, etc.) When I put my new card in, I get no signal at all from my new graphics card.  I can put my old gpu back in and I get a signal, but with my new one I get no signal to my monitor whatsoever.  I am using dvi to vga adapters on both cards.

I have onboard video, but that can't be the problem since my 8600gt works with it

I can verify that the new card is properly seated, powered, and running

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? I have tried almost everything and I am running out of options. Please Help!

Forgot to mention I have a Dell Inspiron 531 w/ Athlon X2 4400+.  The new card is a Visiontek hd 4850

Message Edited by gymbob on 08-03-2008 05:51 PM
Message Edited by gymbob on 08-03-2008 06:03 PM

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 4th, 2008 10:00

This is the requirements from the newegg site for this card. 

450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended

It sounds like you do not have the extra PCIe 6 pin power connected. 

The stock power supply may be "iffy" based on the stated requirements.

2 Posts

August 4th, 2008 15:00

ok, sorry forgot to mention that I have 550w power supply so that is not a problem.  I know the card is getting enough power beacause I can hear the fan, and see the LEDs on the card.  It is also warm to the touch when I take it out.

thank you for the replies though.  any other ideas?  

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 5th, 2008 09:00

Although unusual, it sounds like it is a defective card.  If it has more than one video out, have you tried connecting to the other video connection?  Most cards that have two video out connections, you can use either one, but maybe this one is different.  Also, are you using the DVI to VGA adapter that came with the card or one from the previous card?
No Events found!