Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2012 16:00

(Not) Waking-Up Inspiron One 2320

After putting the Insprion One to sleep, moving the mouse wakes it up.  The mouse is very sensitive, and I'd like to get the mouse out of the wakeup loop, instead using the keyboard.  Under the Control Panel mouse settings there is a box to uncheck to keep the mouse from waking the computer up, but unchecking this box makes no difference at all, perhaps because the mouse and keyboard share the same wireless link to the computer.  Is there a way to separate the mouse and keyboard so that the mouse does not wake the computer up but the keyboard does?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

January 28th, 2012 17:00

My wireless mouse has an On/Off switch on the bottom. That should work for you. You can also use Hybrid Sleep and Hibernation if you have Win 7. Those require a brief press of the hardware button to wake the computer. It takes a little longer to wake up. Set it up in Power Settings, Advanced settings of your Power Scheme.

16 Posts

October 20th, 2012 12:00

I'd wandered away from this forum, although the problem was still not solved for me.  Mary G's answer was a very good one, but somewhere on another forum I saw another suggestion that is so blindingly simple, and works so well, that I had to sign back on and post it here.  Just turn the mouse over and set it down on its back before you slide the drawer shut.  This works so well that I think my wife (it's her computer) has fallen in love with me again.

No Events found!