Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2017 06:00

One mouse and keyboard for two Optiplex 780 desktop systems

I have two 780 Optiplex desktop systems that I use side by side in my office set up. I am looking for a way to be able to control both using the same mouse and keyboard. Right now I'm using a separate keyboard and mouse for each and it is a as you might have guessed. I have tried the ShareMouse software and it doesn't work well at all, so I uninstalled it. Does anyone have a good solution?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 5th, 2017 07:00

To share a single mouse and keyboard to two systems, you should look into something like this.

• 

16.7K Posts

December 5th, 2017 07:00

UOOSHIRO70,

There is a cable called a KVM switch, which is short for “keyboard, video and mouse” switch. These let you share one mouse, keyboard and monitor between two computers. There are also KM switch cables that allow you to share just a keyboard and mouse with two computers that have two separate monitors

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 7th, 2017 11:00

The easiest to use and setup is the unit below.  No cables to get lost and no software to buy.  Keyboard Mouse and Speakers for 2 systems.  You press Scroll Lock 2 times fast to switch.

IOGEAR GCS632U 2-Port USB PLUS KVM Switch with Built-in KVM Cables and Audio Support

https://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-2-Port-Miniview-Switch-GCS632U/dp/B0001BVXI6

No Events found!