Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2012 11:00

Optiplex 320 Memory Issues

I've purchased 2 * 2Gb ram modules directly from Crucial and they're deemed compatible.  However, when I attempt to boot my P.c with both modules active, windows doesn't even boot. and the system beeps rapidly. When I remove one module, windows functions fine preceded by rapid beeping until I press enter . The PCI Express slot is occupied and I'm wondering if a power inadequacy is here. I have a 400w PSU.

Any tips on how to resolve this ?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 28th, 2012 12:00

LewisDeAngelo

Best to contact Crucial's excellent Technical Service, especially as Crucial certifies their RAM to be compatible, when you use their upgrade tools.

Bev.

2 Posts

September 26th, 2012 08:00

Will not work with pci-e card in period i have tried everything and so have a lot of other users . As a matter of fact i haven't get 4gb to work with the on board video on my optiplex 320 there is a flaw of some kind ,i noticed that the onboard video shares the memory in the memory slots . If you find a patch or solution i would like to know .

2 Posts

September 26th, 2012 09:00

I have already done that the memory i ordered was from crucial I do not believe it is their fault I believe there is a flaw in the design of this motherboard as i have noticed many users with the same problem on different forums.

No Events found!