Highlighted
The Fred
Bronze

Optiplex 780 power supply

Jump to solution

What Dell power supply models are compatible with the optiplex 780 MT and the 780 DT?

0 Kudos
21 Replies

Re: Optiplex 780 power supply

Jump to solution

Hi there,

The following Dell power supply part numbers are compatible with the Optiplex 780MT and 780DT:

Optiplex 780MT: 18N8R, FR607
Optiplex 780DT:  FR597, N249M, T164M

I hope that helps! 

John C
Dell | Social Outreach Services

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
RobinBredin
Diamond

Jump to solution

There is a guide HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> on how to remove your power supply to the 780mt, DT is HERE. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
The Fred
Bronze

Jump to solution

Does this mean a P192M is not compatible? Or is there a long list of compatible power supplies? My question really stems from I mated this PS with a C27VV motherboard and I get the 1-3-2 beep codes with 1, 3 diagnostics lights when I plug in the supply. I have reseated and swapped the ram several times and still get the beeps. I have removed the battery for several minutes. I can find nothing on what to try next so I'm reaching out.

0 Kudos
RobinBredin
Diamond

Jump to solution

Does this mean a P192M is not compatible? Or is there a long list of compatible power supplies? My question really stems from I mated this PS with a C27VV motherboard and I get the 1-3-2 beep codes with 1, 3 diagnostics lights when I plug in the supply. I have reseated and swapped the ram several times and still get the beeps. I have removed the battery for several minutes. I can find nothing on what to try next so I'm reaching out.

The 1,3 diagnostic lights is to do with your memory, see HERE. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> Have you tried taking them out, and reseating them making sure the gold areas are free from dirt. Also putting them back one at a time to find if any are faulty.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
The Fred
Bronze

Jump to solution

Yes I have, several times. Swaping them around. Even trying just one at a time in the slot 1 position.

I did try a different CPU on the board and was able to get it to not immediately beep code, but at that point I did not have any drives connected or the heat sink on so I couldn't do anything other than shut it off. Once the heat sink was back in place I got the beep codes again. Taking the heat sink off and reseating the CPU several times did not stop the beep codes again.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi there,

P192M doesn't appear to be a valid substitute part for the Optiplex 780 DT or MT according to the information I have. Is this a part that you have replaced yourself or was it shipped with your system? I just want to double-check what the situation is with the power supply.

Can you try each individual stick of memory in the rest of the memory slots? It may be the case that slot 1 is faulty. Also, have you added any third-party memory to the system? If so, can you give me the specification of the memory or a link to the vendor where you purchased the memory?

John C
Dell | Social Outreach Services

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
speedstep
Diamond

Jump to solution
Dell OptiPlex 760 960 Mini-Tower Power Supply, 305W, Dell P192M

Dell OptiPlex 760 960 Mini-Tower Power Supply, 305W, Dell P192M

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here
I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.
The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
speedstep
Diamond

Jump to solution
Dell J775R 305W Power Supply OptiPlex 760 780 960 Tower Dell J775R 305W Power Supply OptiPlex 760 780 960 Tower
Dell 305 Watt Power Supply with Wiring Harness for OptiPlex 760, 780, and 960 Tower Systems, 305W PSU, Model AC305AM-00, P/N PC9030, Dell J775R

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here
I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.
The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
The Fred
Bronze

Jump to solution

John C,

Actually I had gone to the Dell support website and looked up replacement parts for the 780MT and a referbished P192M was the only PS listed for sale. I did an online search on the part number and the listings I saw also listed it as 780MT compatible. So I purchased one figuring it was compatible. But now you have me wondering.

Fred

0 Kudos