Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2010 19:00

Out of Range message overlaying video display

My computer is a Dell Dim4550 runing Windows XP Home Ver 2002 Service pack 2.  CPU is Pentium 4  2/4 Ghz and 256 MB RAM.

This is my problem.  I turned on my computer this moring and the screen display was expanded such that I could only see a small portion of it and could not navigate outside the visible section.  I had to turn off the computer and restart it.  When it restarted the display was shakey and all images had what I can only describe as a shimmering edge like alternating scan lines were not syncronized.  I tried to search for help but could  find none.  I suspect that the problem may be with the display driver.  I have a NVidia display driver.  I have not made any changes to the system so this problem is quite unexpected.  I am h oping that someone out there in the community might have some thoughts or ideas of things that I might try to resolve the problem.  One item I failed to describe above is that there is an overlay rectangle of blue about a quarter inch tall and 3 inches long in the center of the display and this blue field contains the error message "Out of Range".  This blue field with the error messasge is in the complete foreground and all other image information is behind it.  As I move a screen image around, any part that is behind the blue patch is hidden until it is moved up or down , right or left.  The blue patch cannot be moved.  a Screen shot of the screen where it exists does not copy the error message patch.  I have had wonderful success with previous help requests from the community.  I only hope that this will be as successful.  Thank you in advance for any thoughts you might offer to aid in resolution of this problem.

Signed

mroldtimer.

No Responses!
No Events found!