Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2013 23:00

PC LCD Screen flickering on and off on boot.

Hi all,

I have had this problem for about 2/3 weeks roughly. When I fully shut down my pc (Dell dimension 2400) and then boot it up again

the screen flickers on and of until it comes on fully after about 5-10 min. Running XP Pro, 1gb ram, Intel celron CPU. I dont think

it is the screen thats the problem because it works fine if I just restart, its only when I fully turn the PC off the problem happens

on booting up.

Anyone got any taught on what could be causing this??

Thanks

S

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 13th, 2013 05:00

Hi Ricey83,

I tend to agree that this sounds like the PC, not the monitor. Have you checked the video cable connection from the PC to the monitor? Can you tell me if your Dimension 2400 has a separate video card or are you using the integrated video?

2.6K Posts

July 13th, 2013 23:00

Hello Ricey83,

As Osprey4 has said, it does seems to be an issue with the system. However, in order to isolate the cause of failure, I would request you to run the Dell Diagnostics:

• Shut down and restart the computer.
  • When the DELL logo appears, press immediately.
    If you wait too long and the Microsoft Windows logo appears, continue to wait until you see the Windows desktop. Then shut down your computer through the Start menu and try again.
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight Boot to Utility Partition and press .
  • When the Dell Diagnostics Main Menu appears, select the test you want to run.

Please write back with results. 

13 Posts

July 15th, 2013 00:00

I have a separate care its a readeon 2500. Il try a new connection cable and the other tests and get back to ye asaop, cheers 4 the help. means a lot!

2.6K Posts

July 15th, 2013 10:00

Hello Ricey83,

We are glad to be of help. Please let us know how it goes.

No Events found!