Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 24th, 2009 12:00

Power supply replacement

I need to purchase a replacement power supply for my XPS 600, is this power supply "Dell" specific? All I know about the power supply is that it is rated at 650 watts, and housed in a case that is part of my tower and not visible to the naked eye with out disconnecting the power supply wiring from the harness. I'm waiting for a reply to an earlier posting and have not as of yet totally disconnected the power supply. Does anyone know where this part can be purchased ?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 24th, 2009 12:00

timmartinsen

Yes, the XPS 600 is a proprietary power supply.

Try calling Dell Spare Parts HERE, or go HERE for a replacement, also I've seen the XPS 600 power supplies for sale on eBay.

Bev.

13 Posts

January 24th, 2009 14:00

Bev,

Your info was most useful. thank you.

Tim

SD

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 24th, 2009 15:00

Tim.

Pleased to have helped.

Bev.

13 Posts

March 8th, 2009 09:00

Hi Bev,

I'm not sure if you remember me or not (you sure do have a lot of postings), however I did receive the power supply from dell and installed it. Only to find I had the same problem as before. So I removed all of the cards and memory disconnected the power to the drives and powered the system up(attempted to) with the exact same issue. Closer inspection of the mother board revealed swollen capacitors and one component that looked like a doughnut with a wire wrapped around it, that had melted discoloring the mother board. So obviously the mother board is shot, do you know how I can upgrade........?

timmartinsen

Yes, the XPS 600 is a proprietary power supply.

Try calling Dell Spare Parts HERE, or go HERE for a replacement, also I've seen the XPS 600 power supplies for sale on eBay.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 8th, 2009 13:00

timmartinsen

Tim.

Another bad cap problem.     :emotion-6:

The XPS 600 has a Dell proprietary motherboard and case, you will find it easier to use a XPS 600 motherboard, plus is a third party motherboard is installed, a new retail copy of windows would be needed, as Dell's OEM copies are tied to their BIOS.

See if you can buy a replacement from Dell Spare Parts HERE, or from HERE

Bev.

No Events found!