Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

March 16th, 2012 15:00

Replace Hard Drive in XPS One All in One

I need a new hard drive for my XPS One and ordered a 750GB from Dell to replace the dying 250GB. I have replaced other parts using the documentation from Dell at this site <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>.  It illustrates how to replace everything except the hard drive. Is there a message here? Anyone see any pitfalls in doing the replacement?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 16th, 2012 16:00

Once you get the back cover off its pretty easy.

XPS One™ Service Manual

Technical Overview

Before You Begin <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Replacing the Computer Cover <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Replacing the Stand

Replacing the Top Shield

Replacing Memory Module(s)<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Replacing Drives <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Replacing Cards <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Replacing the Processor Heat Sink Assembly

Replacing the Processor

Replacing the Battery <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

System Setup

captive screws (2)

computer cover

Replacing the Hard Drive

1. Follow the procedures in Before You Begin. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

2. Remove the computer cover (see Replacing the Computer Cover).

3. Remove the three screws securing the hard drive carrier to the chassis.

4. Disconnect the hard drive power cable.

5. Press the release tab to disconnect the hard drive data cable and lift the hard drive carrier out of the chassis.

Inside View of Your XPS One™ A2420 Computer

optical drive

internal card with Bluetooth® wireless technology

hard drive

WLAN card

memory modules

processor heat sink assembly

RF module

graphics card heat sink

No Events found!