Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2017 13:00

Sleep mode problem

We purchased an Inspiron 3250 computer about a year ago.  Recently we find that when the computer recovers from “sleep mode” we get a gray screen filled with tiny squares and the computer completely locks up.  When we restart, we get a blue screen: “Recovery    It looks like Windows didn’t load correctly.  If you’d like to restart and try again….etc.”  Our Windows version is Windows 10.0.15063 Build 15063.  We can sidestep the problem by preventing the computer from going into sleep mode, but we’d obviously prefer to solve the problem completely.  Thanks in advance for advice.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

November 14th, 2017 16:00

Did you recently get an (automatic) update for either the Intel HD Graphics driver and/or for the driver for whatever add-in video card you have?

There have been issues like yours with some recent Intel HD Graphics drivers so go to Dell's Support page for this model and update the drivers for both Intel HD and for your add-in video card.

And do you have the latest version of BIOS?

See if that helps...

November 14th, 2017 19:00

Ron,

Thank you for the information!  Based on your recommendation, I visited an Intel forum and discovered that many others were having the exact same problem with the most recent graphics driver (22.20.16.4771).  Problem appears to be solved.  Thanks again.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

November 15th, 2017 10:00

You're welcome.  Glad you got it resolved. Which version Intel HD driver did you install to replace 4771, or did you just revert to the previous one you were using?

I wish Microsoft and Intel would stop pushing automatic updates. They end up causing more problems for users than the updates fix. My 2 cents...

No Events found!