Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2009 09:00

Unmountable Boot Volume

I have a blue screen with an error message "unmountable boot volume". I had this same thing happen about 4 months ago. It was fixed by using an DOS command (Chkd....). Could you tell me how to resolve this problem by using this command. Would you have to change the boot sequence in the system setup and if so how would you do that. Do you have to boot from a CD and would that be the OS CD? Need to explain in simple detail how this problem can be resolved. Thanks!

LStuart

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 9th, 2009 10:00

When you keep getting this message, that means your hard drive is going bad. Run a diagnostics on it.

You also need to tell us which OS you are running.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 9th, 2009 11:00

I have a blue screen with an error message "unmountable boot volume". I had this same thing happen about 4 months ago. It was fixed by using an DOS command (Chkd....). Could you tell me how to resolve this problem by using this command. Would you have to change the boot sequence in the system setup and if so how would you do that. Do you have to boot from a CD and would that be the OS CD? Need to explain in simple detail how this problem can be resolved. Thanks!

LStuart

lstuart     

See if the solution HERE can help.

A Hint:  Read the third paragraph first.

It helps to include the computer model and version of windows, when posting.

Bev.

No Events found!