Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2008 17:00

Why am I getting hidden warnings and errors in my events log?

Hi:

When I check my event log, it's loaded with warnings and errors, all related to 'Standby Performance Monitoring' and 'Boot Performance Monitoring'. And yet the computer seems to run fine, and none of those warnings or errors actually show up on the desktop. I don't get it ... Does anyone know what these warnings and errors are about?

Thanks!

Ken A. Dienne

1.3K Posts

April 24th, 2008 18:00

This post has been removed in protest of DCF's and Dell's policies, behavior, lack of respect, and poor treatment of the community.
Message Edited by cademetz on 06-27-2008 11:10 PM

2 Posts

July 28th, 2013 14:00

Yes Your not alone. I too have multiple Errors and Warnings. Followed Microsoft advice to fix them , but ., no luck. I think Windows 8 is still being considered Beta. And we are the test rats.  I do not know what to do. And I am a Geek. So far all fixes DO NOT WORK. Going to ask Dell to come in my computer to fix it. I also had the same problems with  H P Products. Those I returned 2 time for the same reasons.  Using all performance Tools.........Everything says it"s O.K. But I think NOT. Registry leaks and so on and  on.

2 Posts

July 28th, 2013 14:00

Yes Your not alone. I too have multiple Errors and Warnings. Followed Microsoft advice to fix them , but ., no luck. I think Windows 8 is still being considered Beta. And we are the test rats.  I do not know what to do. And I am a Geek. So far all fixes DO NOT WORK. Going to ask Dell to come in my computer to fix it. I also had the same problems with  H P Products. Those I returned 2 time for the same reasons.  Using all performance Tools.........Everything says it"s O.K. But I think NOT. Registry leaks and so on and  on.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 29th, 2013 09:00

Standby Performance Monitoring,

Boot Performance Monitoring

Shutdown Performance Monitoring

all with 'critical', 'warning' or 'error' signs.

Event ID's are 100, 101, 300, 302

This does not appear to be DELL specific but rather Microsoft's Issue.

The first suspect is  Malware/Spyware - related. Have your PC scanned by an updated
anti-malware/spyware program.

The second might be Virus/Worm infection. If your anti-virus is updated, this should not be a
source. But an additional firewall on top of the built-in anti-virus of Windows can be a source of
conflict and slow down in your system.

Also inside msconfig, view the list of running applications that make your PC work hard even when you are not doing much work with it. They may be using a big part of your PC memory. Multimedia
applications and Graphic-rich applications that may be running could be major reasons for
slow performance. Disable them and see if your system operates faster after disabling them.

Event Details

Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 302
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WinINet
Version: 6.1
Symbolic Name: WININET_TCP_CONNECTION_FAILED
Message: TCP connection to %2 for connection handle %3 failed: Error=%4

An event 300 simply states that the SQLBase server was shut down while someone was connected

Event ID 100 indicates Windows has started up and degradation has been detected.

Boot Performance Events 100-110

Event ID

Cause

Windows has started up degradation has been detected.

This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system start up process.

This driver took longer to initialize, resulting in a performance degradation in the system start up process.

This startup service took longer than expected to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system start up process.

The background optimization operation took longer to complete.

The application of machine policy caused a slow down in the system start up process.

The application of user policy caused a slow down in the system start up process.

This device took longer to initialize, resulting in a performance degradation in the system start up process.

Session manager initialization caused a slow down in the startup process.

No Events found!