Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 17th, 2014 05:00

XPS 27 touch wont turn on

I bought this computer because of all the great reviews and thought this is perfect. Went to bed last night after checking email and shutting down the comp. This morning I get up to use it and it wont even turn on. No bleeps, fan, life at all. I tried the whole removing power cord and holding down power button for 15 to 20 seconds then plugging in power cord and trying again, nothing. Tried the process again with different outlet, nothing. Im so pissed right now because this computer is only a little over a year old and has been great until now. Suggestions as to what I can do or try or alternatively what the most likely problem is amd how I can fix it?

Thanks

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

June 17th, 2014 12:00

If you're still under warranty, contact Dell Tech Support asap.

Could be any of several things: Failed power supply, failed power button, an Internal cable got disconnected...

If you're using a power strip or surge protector, did you remove those and connect directly to the outlet?

You may need to take it to a reputable PC shop that can test the power supply, for starters...

15 Posts

June 17th, 2014 14:00

It is passed the year warranty I do know that. I did try going from outlet directly. Also tried another power cord. Nothing both times. Im so frustrated right now. 

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

June 17th, 2014 15:00

Im so frustrated right now. 

I can certainly understand that feeling...

Since there's no signs of any life, the first thing is to suspect the power supply.

Working inside an AIO isn't as simple as working inside a desktop or tower, so unless you're really adept at this sort of work, you probably should take it to a repair shop or maybe find a geeky friend who can help.  You don't want to cause any additional problems trying to fix the current problem.

Long shots, but have you tried a different power cord, and disconnecting all peripherals, except mouse and keyboard?

BTW:  If you bought PC with a credit card, check to see if your card offers an extended warranty. Some cards will cover repair/replacement after the original warranty expires, eg, for a second year on something with a 1-year warranty. But they all have rules and exclusions so be sure to get the details, assuming your card actually offers this extra coverage.

15 Posts

June 17th, 2014 17:00

Yeah I tried a different power supply. Its the all in one touch so there is nothing else "plugged" in exactly. Looks like im taking it in but honestly all im seeing is dollar signs :(

No Events found!