Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2009 12:00

XPS 400 RAID problem still

I am still stuck.......for whatever reason my previous thread got marked as Solved....one of the guys here on forum was trying to help me......and I did what he suggested.....but ran into some glitches.......my original problem is trying to disable RAID......keithg2 made some suggestions which I did to the TEE......not saying his advice was wrong.....it just would not work given my current settings........when I boot I get to a DOS screen.....where it tells me to make 1 of 3 selections.......F1 to Continue........F2 to jump to BIOS.....and .... to jump to a Configuration Utility.......for whatever reason.....I cannot get into the Configuration Utility......keithg2 had said ...."All you should have to do to disable RAID is enter the Intel ROM Utility (CTRL-I) and delete your RAID volume."........I believe that I need to solve this problem first.....to be able to config the RAID.......

So my new questions are.......

Is the .... Configuration Utility ROM???

If it is.....why can’t I access it???

Is it a function of BIOS????

Could it have gotten deleted???

If it did.....what do I need to do to reinstall it .....update the BOIS ???

any help & info will be greatly apprecitated..... 

15 Posts

January 23rd, 2009 19:00

just wanted to say thanks again.....i finally got it......and of course ......my bad.......i wasnt pressing CTRL-I fast enough on the boot up......i actually had the wife hit the start button on the machine and i started hitting CTRL-I.....i assumed that it was like the F1 & F2 hot keys......at least you get a few seconds with those......anyway.....i got into the utility.....and i'm reformating the drives now.....thanks again.

935 Posts

January 23rd, 2009 13:00

You incorrectly quoted me. You only quoted half of what I wrote. The following is what I wrote as it is a 2 step process.

All you should have to do to disable RAID is enter the Intel ROM Utility (CTRL-I) and delete your RAID volume. It appears you've done this already. Then enter system setup (F2), navigate to Drives / SATA Operation and select RAID Autodetect/ATA. This will "turn off" RAID in the BIOS. Then reload your OS without RAID drivers. All of your SATA ports should be recognized. I'm  not familar with "Combination Mode" and have never used it.

If you are unable to get into your Intel Matrix ROM Utility (CTRL-I) that is an entirely different issue and I'm sorry I was unable to help you.

15 Posts

January 23rd, 2009 14:00

thanks some more again......like i was trying to explain in the other thread......no matter what i did i could not get into the CTRL-I utility.....thus the reasons for getting newer versions of the Intel Matrix and some of the other things i did.....i thought that would update the system and allow me to access CTRL-I......i'm sure that once i can get into the Config Utility ....your instructions will work.

No Events found!