Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2015 23:00

XPS One 2710, No Video Signal and BIST (Dell OSD Problem?)

Over the last month or so my Dell XPS 2710 often goes straight into the LCD BIST (Built in Self Test) on boot and when I awake it from sleep in the morning for the first time. It then cycles through a series colours—red, green and blue and then a combination of black and white—as a test for the display. Now, my LED touch buttons for screen control aren't working—they have never worked properly from the beginning—so I cannot stop the BIST by switching input to the computer. But after about an hour, sometimes less, the colour cycling ends, and I get the option to use the LED touch buttons to switch from no video signal to the computer. Though to my surprise at this point, the buttons work and the normal screen returns. Everything is fine except the LED buttons revert to their former unresponsiveness. Each day I am still at the mercy then of the PC going into the BIST; and that what's has happened to my Dell on each of the last five days. (Today it took 3 hours to get the screen back.). I think it's connected to the Dell OSD software, at least in part, but I have no idea how or what I can do to fix the problem. I have tried reinstalling the Dell OSD, and I have run the full Dell ePSA diagnostics and there are no reported issues. If anyone has any ideas, please say. Thanks very much!

17 Posts

February 2nd, 2015 01:00

I reinstalled the DELLOSD software (once more) and enabled the .NET Framework 3.5 in the Turn Windows Features On and Off, and doing this helped with the cycling colors LCD BIST issue. It also restored a lot of functionality to the LED touch buttons for screen control. My Dell was fine for 10 days or so, but in the morning today and yesterday the LCD BIST test started up again. I can't interrupt the BIST, I have to wait for it to stop—took about 30 minutes each day—before I can use the machine normally. Only then can I use the LED buttons to switch inputs between the Computer, HDMI, and No Screen. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this once and for all? Thanks!

2 Posts

June 25th, 2017 11:00

I got the absolutely same problem...Still looking for a solution

No Events found!