Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2009 17:00

XPS one 24 - Loud when using programs with graphics

I recently had a problem resolved but i think it may have caused a new problem. Dell sent out a tech to replace the shell of our computer and he had to move all the general gut of the computer (IE: hard drive, dvd/cd drive, graphics card, memory, etc.) to this new shell.

Now when I run a program that uses graphics the computer sounds like it's going to lift off my desk. Its so loud I can not hear any sound out the speakers or anyone in the next room. This was NOT a problem before and was never this loud.

Could it be that when the tech swapped all my hardware over to the new shell that he did not change a setting in the bios? or some jumper setting? This guy was in quite a hurry to get in and get out.

Otherwise I have no issue with the computer even before they came out. the previous problem was with the touch panel on the monitor portion of the computer. it would stay lit, kept beeping and the volume would go to "0" as if the down button was stuck. 

I am hopping that you guys might have an idea on a fix or perhaps guide me in the right direction to fix this annoying problem.

Thanks

No Responses!
No Events found!