Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2007 19:00

? about upgrading Dell Dimension 2350 video card

Hello, I have the Dell Dimension 2350 desktop with a Dell E772C Monitor, and the CPU currently has the on board video card by Intel. When I select 1024 x 768, the output looks really small on this monitor. Maybe this monitor can't handle that high resolution. I am looking to get a better video card, but I noticed that I don't have an AGP slot, since Dell removed it from the Motherboard. They said that my PC can take a PCI video card, but there aren't too many regular PCI video cards left. The nice ones are either PCI-e or AGP. Since I have a PCI slot, can it take PCI-Express too? Thanks.

Ok, cause I was thinking that a better graphics card would help my pc out for games like Quake, Silkroad and others. Right now I can't afford a new PC. And when I do, I want to get Vista but only after SP1 and other bugs are worked out, and the software is compatible with more programs.

706 Posts

terryjohnson16 wrote:
Hello, I have the Dell Dimension 2350 desktop with a Dell E772C Monitor, and the CPU currently has the on board video card by Intel. When I select 1024 x 768, the output looks really small on this monitor. Maybe this monitor can't handle that high resolution.

What do you mean it looks small.  The higher resolutions make things like your icons look smaller.

I am looking to get a better video card, but I noticed that I don't have an AGP slot, since Dell removed it from the Motherboard. They said that my PC can take a PCI video card, but there aren't too many regular PCI video cards left. The nice ones are either PCI-e or AGP. Since I have a PCI slot, can it take PCI-Express too? Thanks.

Dell didn't remove the AGP slot.  There was never one on the motherboard to begin with.  No a PCI Express card will not fit.  If you're trying to play games save up for a new system since PCI cards offer very little performance.

706 Posts

July 28th, 2007 20:00

terryjohnson16 wrote:
Ok, cause I was thinking that a better graphics card would help my pc out for games like Quake, Silkroad and others. Right now I can't afford a new PC. And when I do, I want to get Vista but only after SP1 and other bugs are worked out, and the software is compatible with more programs.

A graphics card might help you but I don't know if it'll be enough to play the games you want.  Look around for a used system with an AGP slot.  I bet you can find one cheap and even an older system with an AGP card would be much better than what you have now.

July 28th, 2007 20:00

Thanks for the reply.

706 Posts

July 29th, 2007 02:00

You're welcome :)

No Events found!