Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2011 09:00

dell xps 420 rear green jack not working?

Hello.

I have a Dell xps 420 and have used Logitech speakers since my purchase. However, recently sound has been missing. I have unplugged the speakers and put them into my smart phone and it was emitting sound, so it is not the speakers. I was wondering if it could possibly be the rear green jack that the speakers need? I'm also not sure if I have the correct sound card or am missing some sort of driver, and if that could be the cause, would like to know how to check and where to download. Thank you!

14.4K Posts

First thing to check is to make sure your sound is not muted. What OS are you running?

5 Posts

I downloaded it but as I did the setup, it said that the "Device Object was not present"

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

First thing to check is to make sure your sound is not muted. What OS are you running?

:emotion-10:

Should have mentioned that. Thanks, Dave.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Ok, so I think the jack is probably fine and you just need to install the drivers. If you are not sure which driver to use, check the model of your audio adapter in device manager.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Hi Ayyalicia,

Have you tried any other jack, such as the headphone jack, to see if your sound works? If you would like to try installing the audio driver, here are the drivers for your system. Be sure to select the correct operating system.

5 Posts

I am running Windows Vista

5 Posts

No it is not muted. The thing I find odd is that in the Volume Mixer, the speaker device has those gray bars going up and down as if something is playing but I hear nothing in the headphones.

5 Posts

Hello. I just not put headphones both in the back and the front and there is no sound coming out (I'm playing music and can hear nothing). Do you feel as if I should still download the drivers? And which ones specifically?

14.4K Posts

Do you have a small icon on the lower right hand side of your task bar that looks like a speaker? If so right click on that and open the volume mixer. Make sure the mute box is not checked

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 6th, 2011 05:00

Are you sure you downloaded the driver for your specific hardware?

No Events found!