Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2009 20:00

dimension 3000 driver sound in Windows 7

I installed Windows 7 RC, but since windows log on does not have sound. My question is this: is there for sound drivers for windows 7?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 22nd, 2009 06:00

In the absence of Windows 7 drivers, the Vista drivers will work (W7 is basically a reworked Vista).  I have used the Vista drivers on my Windows 7 RC1 install without problems. 

However, Dell DOES NOT support Vista in this model so there are no Dell drivers available.  There may be a generic audio driver somewhere but in most cases, if there is no Dell driver you are out of luck.  You would have to install a PCI sound card that does support Vista/Windows 7.

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

August 23rd, 2009 09:00

Hi Sk821, If you have a sound card, then try the manufactors web site. However, if you are using the onboard sound chip, then you will have to wait for the final release of Win 7 to get the driver. But if your system is old, getting a driver off retail win 7 might be a problem. It could mean you will have to wait till dell release their drivers to dee whither or not you will get a driver.

EDIT: Found these sound drivers from Intel HERE, why don't you look through them. You will need to know what chipset you have, so your manual is HERE.

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2009 09:00

and where is the driver of Windows Vista?

Edit:

I buy The Sparkle 9500 GT PCI edition (:emotion-11:)

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2009 13:00

My onboard audio is from SoundMax (Model: SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio; From Analog Devices, Inc.)

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

August 24th, 2009 09:00

Hi, Have you looked at this web site HERE.

No Events found!