Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2013 05:00

dimension 3100c won't boot up, beeps 6 times, fan is running.

hello i'm new here and i desperately need help. i don't have tools to open up the box and i don't know how to mess with the stuff inside.

i received this desktop pc from a friend who got it from his company, scrubbed it, put new hardware and software in (windows 7) and it worked perfectly. i used it a lot for the first 4 months or so and then sporadically as a music player or when i felt like playing a game. before last week the last time i turned it on was about 6 months ago when i backed up my iphone on itunes. i haven't have internet hooked up for about 2 and a half years now.

the reason why i desperately need to use it now is: my iphone 4 broke when i plugged it into a cheap charger i bought. i am still dealing with the company trying to get them to replace it or do something. in the meantime a friend gave me his old iphone 4 which is the same model but he apparently updated to a newer ios because when i plugged it into my pc (last week the pc turned on fine with no problems) it says that it is not compatible with the version of itunes i have. i went to the apple store and they didn't help at all. how the hell can i download the latest version of itunes when i don't have the internet? well i got a friend to put it on usb flash memory for me and then i went home and turned my pc on and the first 2 times it came up with a garbled startup display. every time after that it beeps 6 times and the screen never comes on. i don't have any friends who can come to my house to help me out and this pc is not under warranty (it's a revamped old pc). i desperately need the data on my new iphone because it's how i communicate with clients and i've been having a really hard time. if anyone has any suggestions i would gladly appreciate it. thank you.

No Responses!
No Events found!