Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2012 04:00

restoring ur system after installing win8

to all the people that had the same problem after installing win8 .win 8 erases all the drivers and the backups on ur computer i tried everything to get my system back to factory reset with no use.

but try this go to drivers and installs on dell. download local backup software and it will find ur factory image regardless u made a dvd /cd backup or not . restore your system from there and ur system will go back to the day u purchased it with all the software and drivers.best regards

2 Posts

June 28th, 2012 06:00

but try this go to drivers and installs on dell. download local backup software and it will find ur factory image regardless u made a dvd /cd backup or not . restore your system from there and ur system will go back to the day u purchased it with all the software and drivers.best regards

Hey, where exactly do you download the local backup software. I clicked on the drivers and downloads icon on the main support page and that took me to a list of files but I couldn't find anything like local backup software.

4 Posts

also its good to install dell backup and recovery manager too ull find it next to local backup

4 Posts

ok go to dell support page then win 7 then ull find at the top left dell download center on the driver downloads

ull find dell data safe local install it and then folow what it says it will get u a previous hidden recovery just recover from that

best luck

2 Posts

June 28th, 2012 07:00

thanks for the help.

I managed to install data safe local and i opened it and selected the option to restore to factory settings, but the computer's saying its corrupt or missing. Any suggestions?

4 Posts

June 28th, 2012 08:00

try downloading dell backup and recovery manager and see what happens its on the same page

13 Posts

June 28th, 2012 18:00

never attempt something new or different without a full backup!

No Events found!