Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2014 11:00

software continues to crash

I manage a dental office and we currently have 5 workstation computers and one server computer, all which are from Dell. these computers work perfect except for our only Optiplex 3010. This particular terminal keeps on crashing when running the dental software that we use. It is also the only computer that asks for username and password to connect to server every time it restarts, even if I check the box to remember username/password.  Can anyone help me solve this problem.

Thank you.

alex 

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

And if the 3010 is running a different version of Windows than the others, it's possible the software isn't fully compatible. So try setting its Compatibility Mode setting to whatever version of Windows is running on the systems where it doesn't crash.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

Dental Software and your server are not supported here.

Requiring user name and password is a group policy setting and depends on the operating system and the user account settings.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

NON PRO versions of windows will not be able to Login to a Domain and "save password".

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

August 29th, 2014 13:00

No need to get snotty. We're only volunteers here, trying to help other users. We don't work for Dell, we don't get paid and we don't control what Dell will or will not do. And you're free to buy whatever you want.

There's obviously something different about this one system. Could be all kinds of software issues, beyond the version of Windows, but it appears you only want to rant...

4 Posts

I also removed and reinstalled software...it didn't fix issue.

4 Posts

i just want to add that the server is running on windows 7pro and so is the computer in question. the other four computers in the network are running on windows 7 pro (2) and windows XP (2), Therefore, one can rule out incompatibility issues between operating systems and dental software. I really think that this Dell computer is faulty. I have been trying to adjust settings in control panel to exactly match those of one of the other computers running on windows 7pro...no success do far. i am about to call quit with this annoying issue and start buying computers from a different manufacturer since Dell wants to charge to troubleshoot issue. 

4 Posts

You were the one with issues from the get go on this forum not addressing dental software and server connection issues, when clearly my dental software and the server are secondary to the main issue here...this computer not working properly. So stop acting as the Dell police and if yo are not willing to help step aside so others can.

No Events found!