Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 23rd, 2012 11:00

uncouple the audio signal from the HDMI cable

Inspiron 620, [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy] As my  Dell only has one digital video out, HDMI and my monitor, HP 2311x doesn't have an audio out, if I want a digital video signal, I lose my audio signal.   Hence my question, is it possible to uncouple the audio signal from the HDMI cable, so I could use the audio out from the computer?

Any suggestions/comments welcome.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2012 14:00

The short answer is No.  However, you may be able to change the Default audio playback device to the "Speakers" so you can use the regular PC analog speaker output.  But, if you can change the default playback device, it will probably only be until you restart the PC and then you will have to do it over again.

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2012 15:00

fireberd,  thanks for the prompt and insightful response.  I fumbled my way around and hadn't found this solution.  I guess if it's the only way it's not that much of a problem.   Again, thanks for your response, it was most helpful.

ATTN; Admin: sorry about including my Service Tag in the OP, wasn't aware of policy on including the information.

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2012 16:00

fireberd,   again thanks for your time answering my questions.  Now I did find out that once I specify "speakers" as the default device, it will hold even after shutdown, so this is great.  Oh and I did realize if I right click on the speaker icon it takes you right to the "sound" control window.   Phew.   Again, thank you for your time and effort, it's appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2012 16:00

Go to the Control Panel, then Hardware and Sound and finally Sound.  In the playback panel is where you set the default audio playback device.

No Events found!