Start a Conversation

Onopgelost

J

2 Berichten

May 1st, 2022 05:00

Vostro 3900 not switching off

Hai, just used the proposed DELL update tool of driver update; showed that on my system (Vostro 3900) one critical update and two non-critical updates were found. The critical driver was the DButil which was vulnerable for attacks. Klicked Yes to update the three drivers, system hangs for 45 minutes on DButil.  Forced a new start,  and via the proposed Service trick managed to update the two noncritical driver updates (Network driver and display driver).

System functions normally as far as I can see, but on switching off the machine it starts up again. Not possible to switch off other than cutting the power....

I run W10 with latest updates. Can the DButil driver/service be the cause of this strange behaviour? How can I put it back for normal functioning?

2 Berichten

May 2nd, 2022 04:00

Quick reaction after a good nights sleep: just turned the machine on again and switched it off via the normal way; and Hoora it switches off. So problem solved. Don't know what caused the problem.... if something else than the DButil hickup.

Geen evenementen gevonden!