Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

November 8th, 2012 07:00

Remove DiskXtender

Dear All,

i have to remove a DiskXtender for Windows 6.2.090 Service Pack 1 software, on a Windows 2003 Server. So far I , deleted the rules, compacted all the 4 NAS media, deleted the media groups, ran a forced background scan.

Now I have the 4 media under Available Media / Original. The 4 media are NAS media, the files are stored on a file share of another Windows 2003 server. I can not deallocate them, because I get "Message: Unable to deallocate media XYZ Error: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (2) Description: The system cannot find the file specified". The media status is online to all.

I can not delete the Extended drive either, I get the same error message ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (2).

Am I missed something to do? Any suggestion?

Regards, Krisztian

November 8th, 2012 22:00

Krisztian

Since you have compacted all media entire data is present in the Extended drive.

Please raise a ticket and we can look what is the issue. Deallocating media should not be a major issue.

regards
Sreenidhi

129 Posts

November 9th, 2012 00:00

Hi,

yes you are right, all the data is copied back during the media compaction.

I need only to remote DX.

Do you have any suggestion what I have to check, on DX? Why I get this ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND?

I did not find any information about this error here in support.emc.com.

regards, Krisztian

November 11th, 2012 21:00

I suggest you can try "remove" media from extended drive first. You will get 'remove' option when you right-click on media in GUI. Then "deallocate" from the extended drive.

Not sure what could be wrong for this error. One reasn could be some DX specific files are missing.

regards
Sreenidhi

129 Posts

November 12th, 2012 00:00

Hi,

I opened a case, and EMC support helped. The solution was registry entry deletion. First the media, then the extended drive. Finally DX uninstall, and a reboot. Now DX is completely uninstalled.

Regards, Krisztian

No Events found!