Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2016 05:00

Can not connect with S3 to newly created ECS-Single-Node-Instance

We have setup a ECS-Single-Node-Instance on a VM to test some of the functionality in ECS.

After two reinstall's the ECS is now up&running (it even survives a reboot).

Now we have the problem that we can not connect to ECS using S3 (with the S3 Browser).

The response from the S3 Browser is "Unable to connect to the remote server".

In the S3 Browser i have :9020

On the ECS-host I can not see any process that is listening on port 9020, "netstat -an | grep LISTEN | grep 9020" comes back empty.

What have I missed?

D/\N

April 11th, 2016 08:00

To open up the necessary listening ports, you can either run the fwd_settings.sh in your installation directory, or disable your firewall entirely with:

systemctl stop firewalld
systemctl disable firewalld

14 Posts

April 11th, 2016 23:00

No, that is not it. There is no firewall enabled on this host. And as I said there is not even a process listening on port 9020.

--

D/N

April 12th, 2016 14:00

You may want to check on your directory tables and dataheadsvc - you can do the former by checking your diagnostics service at :9101/index and the latter by entering your container and checking for any error messages in /opt/storageos/logs/dataheadsvc.log

Feel free to email me and we can try to trace down the issue one-on-one.

14 Posts

April 13th, 2016 00:00

Hi Aaron,
The diagnostic page does not tell _me_ much and in the log-file (and err-file) I can see some errors.
Thanks for the offer with a one-on-one, I'll send you an E-mail shortly with a screen-shoot and some error messages from the logs.

Regards

D/\N

No Events found!