This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 15:00

ECS running out of memory

Hello,

I have a ECS Single Node deployment that is facing some issues related to memory consumption.

I have prepared a VM with 24GB of RAM, deployed the ECS but as soon as the container starts, the memory consumption starts to rise until it almost fills the entire capacity and after that the UI starts to throw "unable to create new native thread" errors and finally the UI access goes down as well as the object access.

Does anyone knows how to limit the container memory usage or how to configure the ECS in order to restrict the amount of memory used?

I found this strange specially because the new installation script states that a minimum of 16GB is needed, and with 24GB I can only use it for 5 min tops.....

Thanks

13 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

Hi Caio,

Try this:

sysctl -w kernel.pid_max=655360

Thanks

Dharmesh

August 19th, 2015 18:00

I am facing the same issue. After building the CentOS 7.1 VM on EC2 I ran into the "Unable to create new native thread" issue. I rebooted the VM to try and clear the issue.

When the VM comes back up nothing is running. Being new to Docker it took me some time to figure out:

1. One must be in the appropriate directory - in my case ~/ECS-CommunityEdition/ecs-single-node

2. start the docker service: sudo service docker start

3. start the ECS container: (fromECS Docker Container fails to run):

Wait 5 minutes for everything to run.

It would be great for EMC to update the script with an option to enable automatic restarts.

No Events found!