Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 13th, 2017 08:00

Using ECS Test Drive with VxRail CloudArray

Has anyone worked out how to leverage portal.ecstestdrive.com  with the VxRail Marketplace CloudArray deployment?

I was hoping to leverage this for my VxRail showcase in the Solutions Center if possible.

Thanks in advance.

June 13th, 2017 12:00

Hey, Mike

It was nice talking to you.  Glad we got things figured out.  I did want to mention I found this Word document in another community post just in case this helps out anyone in the future trying to configure CloudArray with ECS.

Usage of Cloudarray with ECS

Thanks,

Ben

June 13th, 2017 08:00

Hi Mike,

I've never tried configuring CloudArray with ECS Test Drive, but it looks like you can just configure an Amazon S3 cloud provider and use you ECS Test Drive credentials and endpoint.  What specific issues are you experiencing?

Ben

June 13th, 2017 09:00

Thanks for the quick reply.

Pretty simple. The fields offered on the test drive portal in no way match up to the Cloudarray req.  Can I mail u screen shots?  it could be very simple fix... or maybe I am picking the wrong cloud provider to match up.

June 13th, 2017 12:00

Thanks so much for the help Ben Schumacher

My Quick and Dirty VxRail 4.0 guide:

1. From Market place, install Cloudarray; just need VM name and ip.

2. Logon to portal.ecstestdrive.com , register a free account, create credentials; note the AWS S3 details for later.

3. Download S3 browser, install, create an account for object.ecstestdrive.com; for account type choose S3 compatible; use the credentials for access key and secret key; be sure to tick SSL box; save.

4. Next, once connected in S3 browser, create new bucket; call it anything you want, remember for the wizard next.

5. Connect to the cloud array VM, Use the CloudArray wizard, select Vipr Cloud Provider from the list.

6. Cloud Provider Name: object.ecstestdrive.com; use the access and secret key from AWS S3 on portal.ecstestdrive.com; node is object.ecstestdrive.com and finally bucket name is the bucket you created with S3 browser  in Step 4.

7. Tick SSL and then click Configure Cloud Provider.

Success!

No Events found!