Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2009 09:00

A simple question

Hello all,

I am an SAP professional and intrested in EMC. I wanted to know exactly what does EMC entail, does it need hard core programming experience , mediocre or none at all like we have in SAP. Please direct me a site or if someone can send me some information regarding this.

Thank you,

Zain

452 Posts

June 8th, 2009 04:00

Hello, and welcome to the community!

EMC Proven Professional, our certification program, offers a number of different certification tracks based on your role (ie. Technology Architect etc.) and on technology (NAS, SAN etc.).

Our program offers three levels of certification:

• Associate level generally begins with Information Storage and Management, a broad and deep view of the overall industry
  • From there, you can select a Specialty that suits both your current or intended role, and technology

Learning to support certification includes instructor-led classroom training, eLearning, video-instructor led classroom training and even our new Information Storage and Management book.

Please review these links, and let us know if you have additional questions.  We'd love to see you join our growing number of EMC Proven Professsionals!

2 Posts

July 17th, 2009 04:00

Hello Zain,

From the post it seems you are averse to code and hate programming. There is still a lot of consultancy practices specially in Information Storage towards the hardware side which does not require programming. Under Content Management & Archiving(CM&A), generally the Technology Architect,Application Architect and Documentum System Administration would entail no programming at all. For the rest of the CM&A practices knowledge of programming becomes essential.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mazhar

No Events found!