Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2011 03:00

EMCCA - E20-018 - lost in 1%

Greetings,

I took E20-018 today and lost it in 1% .

I spent lot many days on the Pdfs provided along with the Video ILT.

I couldnt spend time on the Vdieo teaching which is a great mistake I suppose.

Trying angain for the same. The Governance & Compliance Area put me down .

But Determined to take the same as this certification is very very useful for Knowledge & skill Development.

Any forerunners, pls share some advice so that I will achieve it next time,

Thanx - Jesan T

261 Posts

October 1st, 2011 07:00

Hi jesan ,

I cleared the VNX E20-390  by going through the PDFs and VILT.  The exam was introduced earlier this month , plus this being a relatively new product , going through the complete VILT  helped  me clear the exam with a good score.

Don't skip any section ( My 2 cent ) - I am sure you will clear your next attempt with a good score.

All the best ! And do let us know once you clear..

408 Posts

October 3rd, 2011 06:00

Hello Jesan –

Sorry to hear that you had difficulty with the Cloud Architect exam.  As Deeppat mentioned, going through all the recommended materials will provide the best foundation for taking the exam.

Have you tried the practice test online?  If not, you can find it by clicking here.  This will also give you a good idea if there are any specific areas where you should focus your studying.

Best of luck to you!

Debi

86 Posts

October 3rd, 2011 11:00

Hi Jesan,

So sorry to hear that you missed by 1%!  But I'm glad to hear you're determined and will be taking the exam again.

The following link is to a blog I stumbled upon on Twitter that details the author's experience studying for, and taking, the Cloud Architect exam.  http://virtual-portal.com/virtualportal/?p=381

Let us know how the studying goes and please share any study tips you have to help others who are also pursuing the certification.

Good luck!

Jill

1 Message

November 2nd, 2011 06:00

I would also be intersted in any study tips.

Also is there any freely available material for study ? I work for a non-profit organization where funds are already tight, and they have just eliminated our meager training budget completely.We simply cannot afford the VILT material. I have a good virtualization backgound (VCP3 and VCP4), a couple of EMC certifications, 7 years of SAN experience as well as some ITIL experience so I am pretty well grounded for the exam, but I need study materials.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated !

7 Posts

November 18th, 2011 01:00

That's too bad, only by 1% :-(

But now at least you know which subjects need a little extra attention. I passed the E20-018 first try a few weeks ago, after having done an instructor led training. I found it an ok exam and the training was for most things quite ok.

(found it strange in an cloud training, that the instructor didn't now what iCloud was, but hey, you can't know everything)

As a compliment to the E20-018 I can recommend the E20-016 exam/training as well (which is the Data Center Architect track - Storage Networking). It covers a lot about building busines cases, ROI, NPV, governance and compliance.

I did the E20-016 first (a tough one btw!) and E20-018 afterwards.

Good luck on your retest!

57 Posts

December 6th, 2011 12:00

Hi Deeppat

Congrats ...I am planning to appear for e20-390 this month .I am going through the VILT .Do i have go through the Pre-req e-learning modules as well or VILT is enough.

Thanks

261 Posts

December 13th, 2011 15:00

Hello Adin . Yes, VILT is more than enough to pass. But, Its better if you go through the Pre-Req modules as well .There are certain portions that are not covered in VILT ,and you can expect questions from those areas. I do not recollect the exact topics.

Let me know if you need any  other info. I will be happy to help.

all the best!

5 Posts

February 4th, 2012 02:00

Hello All,

Thanks for your advices,,, Today I cleared it !! . Really this time went with some info in brain .

Its a good experience , and this certification is a great one which IT professionals with more than 10 years exp must have. Thanks - Jesan

408 Posts

February 6th, 2012 05:00

Congratulations!

5 Posts

April 1st, 2012 08:00

Preparing for the Expert level, Pls give your advice and suggestions.. Thanks. Jesan T

408 Posts

April 3rd, 2012 06:00

Hello - have you had an opportunity to check out the exam description for the IT-as-a-Service Expert exam?  It can be found here and contains information regarding the exam, suggested curriculum as well as a link to an online practice test.

Anyone else have study tips/suggestions for Jesant?

5 Posts

April 17th, 2012 00:00

Iam currently attending the 020-918 ILT in bangalore , India ... going good,,, good team good faculty ,, experienced architects, ,sharing information . sales people ..... nice nice ... Every one should attend this ILT and more than that VLT is a good one ..

let me see how the exam will work out for me ..

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 10th, 2012 23:00

Hi Jesant,

I also lost E20-018 by 1% last month. I followed VILT, practice test and course materials.

Now, I am preparing for the exam again.

Do you remember, if the certification questions were same or completely different from your 1st attempt to 2nd?

If different, roughly how much?

August 15th, 2012 11:00

DID you appear again ?  please update

August 15th, 2012 11:00

Even i lost the exam e20-018 for 1% on  aug 13 2012

No Events found!