Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 16th, 2013 03:00

Recently certified as Data scientist Associate from EMC -- Looking for Advice

Hi all,

I am from London, Have 7 years of experience in Business intelligence( using Microsoft BI Stack) 

Took Video ILT training  & got  certified as Data scientist Associate from EMC.

Now Iam trying to get a job as Data scientist. I have spoken to many of the job agencies and sent application few companies but no success. Most of them are asking for real commercial experience.

Are there  any  companies  who really Honor/consider  this EMC DSA certification ?

Any kind of advice is highly appreciated.

Sorry to the community if iam not allowed to send these kind of emails.

Best Regards

Gowri

633 Posts

July 16th, 2013 09:00

EMC's Data Science and Big Data Analytics course is an Associate level certification, designed to introduce and ground the user in concepts and tools. From the course description:

This course provides practical foundation level training that enables immediate and effective participation in big data and other analytics projects.

If you are interested in pursuing a career in Data Science, this course will help you develop the skills you need to advance. You can also find links to useful resources from the attached PDF.

In terms of career guidance, you should really seek out people working in the field and find out what training they have had, or recommend. In some ways, Data Science is a newer field, and the career path isn't necessarily carved in stone. Here are some sites that might help you in thinking about developing a career as a Data Scientist:

Smart Data Collective - this site features lots of articles on the role of Data Scientists, project examples, and career advice

Advanced Data Analytics, Data Mining, and Predictive Modeling - This LinkedIn group is filled with data scientists discussing real projects and applications. The group does require moderator approval to join, but if you explain your interests, the moderator will probably allow you to join

DataScienceCentral - "the industry's online resource for big data practitioners. From Analytics to Data Integration to Visualization, Data Science Central provides a community experience that includes a robust editorial platform, social interaction, forum-based technical support, the latest in technology, tools and trends and industry job opportunities."

1 Attachment

2 Posts

July 16th, 2013 04:00

Thanks

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Vipin V.K

812 Posts

July 16th, 2013 04:00

Are there  any  companies  who really Honor/consider  this EMC DSA certification ?

I don't think ECN will be able to help you in this query. If you have some doubt or need assistance in certifications, you may move this discussion to EMC Proven Professional forum (Actions > Move )

1.4K Posts

July 16th, 2013 09:00

I am pursuing EMCDSA myself even though my primary skill and Job Profile is SAN and Cloud as Statistic and Analytic have always interested me since childhood.

EMCDSA is just an associate level certification in the world of Data Science. There are much more to learn and specialize if you are looking to make a career as a Data Scientist. I would advise to specialize in one branch whichever interests you more like: Data Engineering, Data Modeling, Warehousing etc. and go from there. You need to get hold of existing Data Scientist and take a career guidance, he will be able to guide you which path to take in Bigdata world depending on your interest in the subject!

No Events found!