Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2018 08:00

Scheduling an exam - help!!!

Hi

I've been studying for the last few months for exam E20-007 and am ready to take it. I have access to the Dell Education portal etc.

However if I go to the 'Schedule an Exam' link there I am (now) taken to the Dell TechDirect portal and must register there with a separate account before I can do this. However despite going through this process I get an invalid login message each time I try to login.

It transpires from a support e-mail I raised about this that I cannot register with a personal e-mail address (e.g. hotmail) and must use a company e-mail domain. This seems wrong as surely education/certification should follow the individual! More specifically right now for me I am between jobs so I have no such domain I can use.

Can anyone provide me with a way through this please? I've tried to see if there's a way via the Education portal but strangely there is not; all roads seem to lead to TechDirect. :-(

Many thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

31 Posts

February 1st, 2018 09:00

Hello Dataminer -

The E20-007 exam can be scheduled through the Dell EMC Pearson VUE testing site, http://www.pearsonvue.com/dellemc/

Also, the email address that is required in the webform at http://emc.force.com/EducationSupport can be a personal email address. If you have an existing training account it is just recommended you use the email address associated with your training account. If you need further assistance please go ahead and submit a support request using the webform and selecting Dell EMC Proven Professional Support.

Regards, Erin

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2018 07:00

Hi Erin

I appreciate you getting back to me - thank you.

The links I was being taken to were all in turn directing me to TechDirect but it's good to know I can book this exam directly with Pearson Vue; that wasn't immediately obvious.

I'll get this done so I can take my Dell exam!

Have a great weekend. Thanks for your help.

1 Rookie

• 

31 Posts

February 2nd, 2018 08:00

Anytime! Good luck on the exam!

No Events found!