Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2010 04:00

What is Mentoring Program for partners ?

Hi

I have completed the IE certification for Clariion .I work for and EMC distributor.EMC tells me i have to attend the Mentoring program .What is this all about is this a test or a workshop .I checked the doc in  the power link it is not clear .Could somebody help me

Thanks in advance

223 Posts

March 2nd, 2010 00:00

Hi,

my way was the same as yours working for an emc distributor i have done the NAS and CLARiion IE certification. The next step was the mentoring programm to get fully qualified for implementing EMC Celerra and Clarrion arrays.

First here is a link to the program:

http://emcmentoring.com/

In short words, you have two things to do.

1. You have to go onsite to a customer with an EMC IE together where the EMC technican does all the installtion and configuration and you look at his work and can ask questions.

2. You have to go onsite to a customer with an EMC IE together where you have to do all the installation and the EMC technican is looking on your work, if you do everything in the rigth way.

You should get some word document for both mentorings, signed by you and the EMC technican. When you have this document now you are officially allowed to install the EMC systems.

I hope this information helps you.

Cheers

David Rühl

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 3rd, 2010 00:00

Hi,

Mentoring is the last step before a partner is authorized to implement EMC infrastructure.  The Mentoring Workshops simulate a real installation.  Each attendee must finish all exercises to pass. This insures there are no blank spots in their education and that the first live customer install is done with confidence.

There are a couple of ways to get mentored, one is as David mentions, the other is attend a Mentoring Workshop hosted by your distributor or EMC.  We have Mentoring Workshops for CLARiiON, NAS, Avamar and SourceOne.  See the following link for information regarding requirements for Mentoring Workshops.

You can contact your EMC Partner Account Manager for information regarding Mentoring Workshops. 

As you work for a distributor you could host a Mentoring Workshop for you and your partners.  To do this you would need to have a person authorized to implement CLARiiON act as the mentor for the event.  If you do not have anyone EMC can provide a Mentor for you at a modest rate.  EMC provides access to the CLARiiON infrastructure for Mentoring Workshops at no cost to the Distributor.  We can run Mentoring Workshops anywhere in EMEA there is a good internet connection.  For CLARiiON we like to have a minimum of 3 people, maximum of 12 people in the CLARiiON Mentoring workshop.

If you do not have a sufficient number of people to run an event then you can attend a Mentoring Workshop in another part of EMEA.

Contact me if you have more questions.

Regards,

Stephen

http://emcmentoring.com/

21 Posts

March 29th, 2011 07:00

hello;

how much cost the mentoring for Clariion/Celerra?

and were it organized?

thiks for help.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 29th, 2011 08:00

Hi Billel

We regularly run CLARiiON and Celerra Mentoring Workshops in Cairo and Dubai.  Contact Muhammad Odeh at muhammad.odeh@emc.com or

Mahdi Abdelouahab at Abdelouahab_Mahdi@emc.com they can help you.  We have a CLARiiON Mentoring Workshop schedule in Dubai 17 April and 21 April in Kenya.  There is a small charge to attend these, I believe around 800€.

Send me an email if you have any problems reaching them:  stephen.griego@emc.com

best regards,

Stephen

223 Posts

Hello,

the mentoring is a standard PS-BAS service offering from EMC.

For the Clariion you have to order the EMC installation and implementatin service two times and pay the service price for this service.

Where are you located, if you are in germany or austria you can contact me, because I can do the mentoring for you too.

Otherwise contact yu local EMC TC, he will help you.

Regards

David

21 Posts

Hi David,

I'm from Algeria.

thik for your reponse

21 Posts

May 11th, 2011 06:00

hi;

when and where the next monotoring workshop will be organized?

where I can see the program because the site of "emcmonitoring.com" not work

it's LAB test or exam  or what? where I get information of this ?

advice please

best regards

57 Posts

May 11th, 2011 11:00

Hi

I have attended the Mentoring progrma in Cairo Last year.It is like the EMC Engineer is going to give you some tasks (Not very difficut ones dont worry).And you have to complete the tasks .If you have some experince in the product it would be very simple for you.It is better to contact your local EMC office for the schedules.

21 Posts

May 13th, 2011 07:00

hello,

Where I can see the program ? or when the next mentoring ?

please advice .

408 Posts

June 9th, 2011 10:00

Hi Billel -

We noticed that this  question was still open and wanted to be sure you had seen the reply posted in this thread.

Your Partner Manager is the best resource for mentoring workshop dates and locations specific to your partner program.

Kind regards,

Debi

No Events found!