Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2015 08:00

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER - OptiPlex 9020

I'm getting a BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER BSOD when deploying Windows 7 x64 to an OptiPlex 9020 using MDT 2013 Offline Media.  The BSOD occurs when the "installing devices" phase of the OS install reaches 50-55%.  This occurs about every other deployment and doesn't matter whether I'm plugging the offline media into a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.  I've add drivers from the latest deployment cab to MDT, and even removed the usb 3.0 drivers, but nothing seems to stop the BSOD.  The OptiPlex 9020 is the only hardware I'm having this issue with.  I'm using the same reference image to deploy to the Latitude E6440 and several Lenovo models without issue.  I have my Out-of-Box drivers structure setup by OS-Vendor-Model with DriverGroup001 variable setup in my task sequence to choose OS\%Make%\%Model%, so the correct drivers are being injected.  I've searched everywhere and can't find anything specific to this issue.  Anyone know of a fix/workaround for this?

13 Posts

July 9th, 2015 10:00

I am having this exact same problem and BSOD, only on a 7020. I believe they have the same chipset.

July 28th, 2015 13:00

We are seeing the same behavior mentioned above.  Also seems to happen with E7450's as well.  Any new ideas out there?

1.1K Posts

July 29th, 2015 07:00

Since this appears to be related to Win7, are you including the latest KMDF and UMDF updates into your image?  It is imperitive on Win7 to include this to ensure proper driver installations.

More details here -> en.community.dell.com/.../kernel-mode-driver-framework-1-11-update-what-it-is-and-why-you-need-it

No Events found!