Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2012 00:00

Bluetooth drivers not installed via MDT 2012

I have been trying in vain for years (yes years) to get MDT to work properly (started with MDT 2010 then 2010 update 1 and now 2012 and soon to be 2012 update 1).  Several months ago when I took up the challenge again I thought I had it licked but I am still running into issues with getting bluetooth drivers to install via MDT.

I am trying to set up MDT 2012 to be used for our deployment solution for our Latitude (13, 5400, 5410, 4310, 6220) and Optiplex (745, 755 and 960) computers to deploy Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 with our applications.

I have picked a Latitude 13 as my test machine and imported the 13-win7-A06-PXH7W.CAB into MDT along with Dell-WinPE-Drivers-A07.CAB  into separate driver folders.  I have set up two selection profiles, one for the Latitude 13 and one for WinPE drivers, I have set each of the selection profiles to their corresponding driver folders.  I have then set WinPE to use the WinPE selection profile and have set my Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 32bit to use the Latitude 13 selection profile with the pre-install, driver injection task sequence and with the install all drivers from the selection profile option enabled.

The installation goes fine (I did have to go to the Intel website and get some newer AHCI drivers for WinPE) but when I login to the laptop after installation is complete and the MDT dialogue box says that there were no warnings or errors I find that the bluetooth and accelerometer drivers have not installed (I am not so worried about the accelerometer).  I have confirmed countless times that the drivers are present in MDT and the MDT log files confirm (at least the way I read them) that the drivers are copied across and installed etc.

In the past I have tried installing the missing bluetooth driver separately and then copying the driver store files into MDT and using them in the deployment but that has not worked either.

Can someone please help, this is really doing my head in.

No Responses!
No Events found!