Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 12th, 2012 04:00

Client Integration Pack - failed to create driver package in ConfigMgr

Hi,

Having issues with v.3.0 of the DCIP for SCCM2012.

No matter which Dell driver CAB i try to import as a driver package, they all fail with the message that: 'Failed to create Driver Package in ConfigMgr'. No additional info.

Any ideas?

November 6th, 2012 23:00

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the log. Mine said the same thing as yours.

I messed around with permissions yesterday and seem to have solved my issue.

For me, it turned out to be a permission issue on my NetApp SAN, on which i have a share that functions as source location for all my configmgr packages.

The share had been set up using UNIX security model, which only allowed me to set permissions on the share level. For it to work, i had to change the security model to NTFS on the share Qtree (NetApp term), grant 'Everyone' FULL rights on share level, and then lock down the NTFS permissions on the folders. Here, i simply gave my SMS Provider computer FULL rights to all folders and subfolders, along with my domain admins group.

Afterwards, i tried to import the driver package again, and this time it worked.

Hope this helps you too Thomas!

October 12th, 2012 04:00

I'm using version 3.0.82 of the Client Integration Pack for ConfigMgr 2012.

October 16th, 2012 05:00

Anyone?! Someone from Dell maybe?!

1.1K Posts

October 16th, 2012 07:00

I'm forwarding to the dev team for review.  Can you add any more details (log files, etc.)?

Thanks,

Warren

October 16th, 2012 07:00

Hi Warren,

I'd love to, but i havent been able to find any logs in regards to the tool worth looking at.

Please tell me which files you need, and i will add them.

Thanks!

/David

1.1K Posts

October 16th, 2012 09:00

Are you running it with Administrator rights?

October 21st, 2012 23:00

Yes. I'm running it while logged onto my SCCM server.

October 29th, 2012 01:00

Any news on this?

I'm happy to provide log files for troubleshooting if you point me to where i can find them.

2 Posts

November 5th, 2012 02:00

I have the exact same problem.

The wizard unpacks the driver cab file and creates a folder in the SCCM console but it cannot create the driver package.

You can find the log file SmsAdminUI.log in the “%programfiles%\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\AdminUILog” folder.

In mine log file it says something about that the “SMS provider doesn't have read, write or delete permission to the package source path" even though that I have tried to give everyone modify permissions to the folder.

Try to take a look in your log file to see what that is reported there.

Best Regards Thomas

2 Posts

November 7th, 2012 03:00

Hi again,

I changed the permissions for "authenticated users" on the destination directory for the driver package source from "modify" to "full" and then it worked.

No Events found!