Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 11th, 2015 09:00

Cmondefaults cmd

Hi guys,

Im trying to reset the bios to a default state (it is not password protected) but when I pass the --cmondefaults=enable i get an error message saying "Is not available or cannot be configured through this tool". Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Many thanks

May 12th, 2015 08:00

Hi Cooka, 

There is one more token which will restore the Bios Configuration to factory settings. please try this command "cctk -h --sysdefaults" . this will give you information on the arguments used for the token.

If you want to reset all the configuration in bios to Factory/Default settings then you can use this command "cctk --sysdefaults=reset" . 

Note: you will need to restart the system to complete the action. 

Regards,

Karthik.C

May 11th, 2015 20:00

Hi COOKA, 

Can you please let us know the tool which you are using and also the Machine details on which you are trying to reset the bios. 

thanks,

Karthik.C

4 Posts

May 12th, 2015 01:00

Hi Karthik.C

Thanks for your reply - I'm using CCTK / HAPI with SCCM 2012 R2 (MDT is integrated).

I'm trying to get this going on a Latitude E6440

Many thanks

May 12th, 2015 04:00

Hi COOKA,

I am seeing the token name which you have specified is incorrect ( cmoNdefaults )  . Please try as "cmosdefaults" . 

I also doubt that this token will be available in the recent platforms. if you still get the same error as "The option 'cmosdefaults' is not available or cannot be configured through this tool." then it means that this token is not supported on the particular platform from BIOS. 

thanks,

Karthik.C 

4 Posts

May 12th, 2015 07:00

sorry that was a typo. I am using the CMOSDEFAULTS cmd but I am still getting the error specified.

Is this something that will become available for this model do you think?

I guess there are not any other commands I can try?

4 Posts

May 13th, 2015 01:00

Many thanks, this worked for me!

No Events found!