Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 10th, 2012 13:00

Dell Client WinPE Boot Image Wizard 3.0 error message

Hi,

I'm trying to inject the Dell-WinPE-Drivers-A09 cab file into x86 and x64 Boot Images using the Microsoft WinPE Driver Package Import Wizard 3.0 for SCCM 2012  However, when I select the cab file using the UNC path or the local path I get an error stating: "Error retrieving values from the registry." 

If I click OK to get past this, the path to the cab file source location appears in Path to WinPe drivers cab file field, but when I click Ok to start the process another error message appears stating: "Error Verify that 1. The package source is a network path  2. The path exist."

Has anyone seen this before?   Please help.

5 Posts

December 20th, 2012 07:00

Bjorn helped me fix the problem.

He had me go to \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\XmlStorage\Extensions\bin\Deployment\Dell\Client\setup\ to see if a file named _ComponentsInstalled.xml was there.  It was not.  Bjorn said this was the problem.  He had me uninstall/reinstall DCIP.  When I reinstalled it I chose run as administrator which I did not do the first time.  Not choosing run as administrator the first time most likely caused the problems I was having.  After reinstalling DCIP I was able to import the WinPE cab file into the x86 and x64 boot images.

Thanks Bjorn!

5 Posts

December 11th, 2012 06:00

Thanks for answering!  When I select the local path I get the same message.  When I click OK to get past the message and then click OK to start the process I get a message stating:"Verify that 1. The package source is a network path  2. The path exist."

1.1K Posts

December 11th, 2012 06:00

Yes, that is an open issue with importing WinPE CABs.  They need a local path to import correctly with DCIP.  It will be fixed in a future version.

10 Posts

December 12th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

Did you start the SCCM Console with "Run as administrator"? I have seen strange things if you don't do this so please try

Björn

5 Posts

December 12th, 2012 11:00

Thanks!  I was not running the console as an administrator.  I ran it as an administrator and I'm no longer getting the message stating:  "Error retrieving values from the registry.".  However, I still get the message stating:" Error Verify that 1. The package source is a network path  2. The path exist."  This message will appear if I put the local path or the UNC path to the cab file in the source field.

10 Posts

December 12th, 2012 12:00

Can you send me a printscreen of the wizard and the error message. You can send it to bjorn_axell@dell.com

5 Posts

December 12th, 2012 12:00

Will do.

No Events found!